Sunday, January 23, 2011

One More Night

Today was quite a ride!  Although I could have walked, I opted to wait for the bus with my good friend Israel, who after three or four cocktails was ever too eager to share with me his prepared karaoke acts to Phil Collins's greatest hits.  After patiently waiting through One More Night, She's An Easy Lover and some other song I finally boarded the bus only to have my least favorite driver greet me.  It may be because he has the voice of a little girl, but I think it's mostly because he's so dramatic.  After trying to kick us off the bus three times because of ambulances blocking 3rd avenue ("Again folks if you want to get off the bus now's the time!") he then went off the lines and we had to sit and wait for a push while scores of other buses passed us by. After 15 minutes, we finally get back on route and our dramatic driver needs to remind us of his hard work.  "Thanks to me and a lot of hard work we are back on track folks, I just need a towel to wipe the sweat from my brow!". 

Gross.

No comments: